Monday, December 8, 2008

Ornament Swaps




I love making ornaments! This year I've taken part in two ornament swaps. The first one is is for the Winter Whimsy Mitten swap (the mitten, of course!) and the second (the vintage tin) is for the Red Lead Paperworks swap. Both of these were lots of fun to make. There's a wonderful tutorial on The Feathered Nest for the mitten ornament. Be sure to check out this site when you can sit down with a cup of tea and a few hours to spare...it's full of beautiful things. Dawn graciously shares many of her images and tutorials and presents everything is such a gorgeous way. The second ornament is a vintage tart tin with one of Red Lead's sweet collage images. I colored the image and then used some Crackle Accents to further age it. These have just flown the coop so I'll be sure to post photos of the ornaments I receive in return.