Monday, November 15, 2010

Lenna's Creative Swaps


Lenna Andrews is a wonderfully creative mixed media artist who I've had to pleasure to "meet" in Mary Green's online classes. The other day I visited her blog to see some for the work she's been doing for Mary latest class Collage Basics with Vintage Paper. While I was there I was intrigued to see that Lenna hosts a creative swaps blog and that the latest swap was mail art! I love arting up my mail so I just had to join in. We were to create and send 3 artful envelopes to Lenna and we'll receive 3 in return...actually 4 since Lenna will package the 3 envelopes in one she creates herself. As they arrive Lenna's been posting the envelopes on the swap blog. Be sure to take a look at the beautiful mail art that's been coming in at the Creative Swaps Blog. Here are the 4 envelopes I made for the swap. I Created the envelopes from pages of an old ledger I bought recently at a garage sale. And, I'm sure you'll recognize some of Mary's lovely French Dictionary pages in the background. The adorable children were all courtesy of Lisa's Altered Art.