Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy Homemaker Tagalong


Elizabeth of Bluebird Papercrafts is hosting a year long tagalong and she was gracious enough to let me play along! She is a talented artist and infuses everything she creates with warmth and whimsy. For this swap we'll create two tags each month...one for a partner and one to keep. We are each to choose a theme in keeping with the Happy Homemaker idea and continue that theme throughout the year. One challenge Elizabeth has set for us is that we can only use one paper pack or 10 large sheets to last the entire year. This is what will make it really interesting.... we'll have to get very creative in our piecing of things as the year progresses. Every month on the 10th we'll reveal our tags on the Bluebird Papercrafts blog. Elizabeth also asked us to share a little about the choices we made...theme, paper etc. and our process. Here are a few photos of what I've chosen. I chose the Happy Homemaker paper pad from October Afternoon mainly because I had just purchased it and I love the nostalgic patterns and colors. I had some old red file folders that are the perfect weight for the base of my tags. The rest of the supplies are things I have on hand...rick rack and lace trim, buttons and bingo markers, paper doilies and old labels. We'll see what ends up on the tags!



Thank goodness I had some helpers to keep me company!

I knew I wanted to do something vintage that included children but I had a little trouble narrowing down my theme. I dearly love vintage childhood illustration and have several precious old magazines from the 30s, 40s and 50s. So, I decided my theme would be "As Seen in the Magazines."

For my first tag I've chosen a funny illustration of a young girl learning to knit. My take on this illustration is that it's January, she received her own set of knitting needles for Christmas and she's determined to teach herself to knit. Can't you see that determination in her face?

I love old sewing notions so I couldn't resist adding an old button, some rickrack and a few black snaps. I may add some glitter here and there yet but for now I haven't...we'll see! So, here's my tag for January.
Be sure to stop by Bluebird Papercrafts to say hello to Elizabeth and see the rest of January tags. See you in February!