Thursday, March 10, 2011

Happy Homemaker March Tag


Well, here we are again and this time a little closer to Spring. But as I look out my window on a rainy, cold and blustery day I know winter still has a bit of a hold on us. My tag this month depicts another small moment in a child's life. It's a Saturday in early March. Young Alice wishes she could go out and play but it's raining and cold and Mother suggests they work on their sewing together. Snug and warm by the fireplace, Mother in her big comfy chair and Alice on her favorite red stool, they spend a few contented hours stitching and chatting. I actually know this very feeling of contentment. I'm very fortunate to have my mom (85 years old and still a pistol!) visiting with me for a few months and we've been able to spend several hours in quiet contentment just being together. It doesn't get any better than that! I didn't use any new techniques in creating this tag...just cutting and pasting, rick rack and ribbon. But one thing I did use that you might not have thought about using yourself is the little flower in Alice's hair. It's actually a fingernail decal. Fingernail decals come in all sorts of designs and are very inexpensive. Take a look here to see a few. So, that's my tip for this month. I hope you're seeing signs of Spring where you are. Be sure to stop by the Happy Homemaker blog to say hello to Elizabeth and see all the other March tags. See you next month!